About The Seafood Bar
Fons de Visscher was a respected fishmonger for already 27 years in Helmond; a city in Brabant, when he decided to start a new venture. Driven by his passion for fish and great wines, Fons created The Seafood Bar. The first Seafood Bar opened its doors in 2012.
The Seafood Bar is a modern restaurant and offers an array of the freshest fish and other seafood. Every day, we prepare these beautiful products with great passion and care to enhance their pure flavors. Our purpose is to provide our guests a wonderful and delicious experience in a casual and cozy setting.
Meanwhile, we have opened 3 restaurants already and we will open the very first Seafood Shop in Amsterdam soon. With 3 busy restaurants; which are all listed in the TripAdvisor 100 best-rated restaurants in Amsterdam (out of 2300 restaurants!), and all our future plans, we are always on the lookout for great new colleagues!
About the position
We are looking for an enthusiastic waiter/waitress to join our service team. It would be great if you have experience, but more importantly, is having a hospitable attitude and being eager to learn. Therefore, the way you present yourself and the way you interact with guests will be the decisive factors.
Besides the food, the service determines the experience for the guest greatly. Therefore, we are looking for a passionate and representative colleague with a pro-active attitude; who knows how to handle pressure with a smile, has a guest driven attitude and isn’t afraid to roll up his/her sleeves.
Other aspects we find important as well because they contribute to a great experience for our guests, are paying attention to the guests at all times, prompt service, being knowledgeable and able to advise, being attentive and the willingness to go the extra mile.
Your purpose is not only to satisfy the needs of our guests, but to even exceed their expectations. Together with your colleagues, you know how to provide great service and ensure great quality, to provide the guests that unforgettable experience!
What we require:
• experience in a similar position is a plus;
• sufficient product knowledge (knowledge of wines is a plus);
• you live in Amsterdam or nearby;
• flexibility: you don’t have a 9 to 5 mentality and you don’t mind working on weekends;
• the ability to speak and write at least English fluently.
You would really excite us with:
• a hospitable and guest driven attitude;
• a hands-on mentality;
• great motivation and eagerness to learn;
• being a team player with great social skills;
• the ability to handle pressure well.
What we have to offer you:
• a dynamic and interesting job in a young and fresh company with locations in the heart of Amsterdam and Utrecht;
• lots of room for development and possibilities to grow;
• a wide variety of internal and external trainings;
• flexible working hours;
• a professional and pleasant working environment;
• a bubbly team with nice colleagues;
• fun events outside of work;
• a competitive salary.
If you like seafood and think you’ll fit right in our concept, we encourage you to apply! Send us an e-mail with your resume and motivation: firstname.lastname@example.org