About the position
We are looking for an experienced souschef for our restaurant in Utrecht.
As part of the culinary team you are responsible for the highlight of a Seafood Bar experience: which is the food! As Sous Chef you are the biggest support for the Head Chef. Together with him/her, you are responsible for ensuring the best quality every single day and making sure the kitchen runs smoothly. That means that you have an important and supportive role in controlling the operations, the team, the equipment and making sure the quality of the delivered products are up to standard. Furthermore, you will also support the Head Chef in e.g. controlling the Food costs, training & coaching of kitchen members, quality checks and scheduling. Great management and communication skills, a critical eye, great sense of responsibility, a hands-on mentality and eagerness to learn are examples of skills and qualities that we are looking for in a Sous Chef.
What we require:
• experience in managing a kitchen and culinary team;
• great passion for and knowledge about seafood (experience with creating menus is not required);
• you are a passionate and hardworking Chef who is eager to learn;
• you are familiar with all the regulations regarding hygiene and food safety (HACCP) and you always make sure these standards are met;
• you always make sure the kitchen is being maintained and cleaned in a proper way;
• you live in Utrecht or nearby;
• flexibility: you don’t have a 9 to 5 mentality and you don’t mind working on weekends;
• the ability to speak and write at least English fluently.
You would really excite us with:
• a hospitable and guest driven attitude;
• a hands-on mentality;
• a great sense of responsibility;
• a critical eye;
• being a team player with great social skills;
• the ability to handle pressure well.
What we have to offer you:
• a dynamic and interesting job in a young and fresh company with locations in the heart of Utrecht;
• lots of room for development and possibilities to grow;
• a wide variety of internal and external trainings;
• flexible working hours;
• a professional and pleasant working environment;
• a bubbly team with nice colleagues;
• fun events outside of work;
• a competitive salary.
(salary indication: €2400-€2800)
If you feel you could run this kitchen and think you’ll fit right in our concept, then please apply here!