About the position
As part of the culinary team you are responsible for the highlight of a Seafood Bar experience: which is the food! As a kitchen assistant you support the culinary team mainly with the preparations (mise en place), preparing the sides and simple dishes, and with the cleaning of the kitchen. We do not require (much) kitchen experience for the position of kitchen assistant, since we will train you and if necessary, we will teach you the basics.
A consistently great quality is extremely important to us. Therefore, it is imperative that you, together with your colleagues, make sure that every single item that leaves the kitchen is up to our standards. Hence, following our recipes and guidelines for presentation is a must.
What we require:
• you are passionate about seafood;
• you are a passionate and hardworking person who is eager to learn;
• you will make sure that standards are met always;
• you will make sure to follow all the regulations regarding hygiene and food safety (HACCP);
• you will make sure that the kitchen is cleaned properly always;
• you live in Amsterdam or nearby;
• flexibility: you don’t have a 9 to 5 mentality and you don’t mind working on weekends;
• the ability to speak and write at least English fluently.
You would really excite us with:
• a hospitable and guest driven attitude;
• a hands-on mentality;
• a great sense of responsibility;
• a critical eye;
• being a team player with great social skills;
• the ability to handle pressure well.
What we have to offer you:
• a dynamic and interesting job in a young and fresh company with locations in the heart of Amsterdam and Utrecht;
• lots of room for development and possibilities to grow;
• a wide variety of internal and external trainings;
• flexible working hours;
• a professional and pleasant working environment;
• a bubbly team with nice colleagues;
• fun events outside of work;
• a market based salary.
If you think you’ll fit right in our concept and feel you could be that great addition to our culinary team that we are looking for, we encourage you to apply here!