About The Seafood Bar
Fons de Visscher was a respected fishmonger for already 27 years in Helmond; a city in Brabant, when he decided to start a new venture. Driven by his passion for fish and great wines, Fons created The Seafood Bar. The first Seafood Bar opened its doors in 2012.
The Seafood Bar is a modern restaurant and offers an array of the freshest fish and other seafood. Every day, we prepare these beautiful products with great passion and care to enhance their pure flavors. Our purpose is to provide our guests a wonderful and delicious experience in a casual and cozy setting.
Meanwhile, we have opened 3 restaurants already and we will open the very first Seafood Shop in Amsterdam soon. With 3 busy restaurants; which are all listed in the TripAdvisor 100 best-rated restaurants in Amsterdam (out of 2300 restaurants!), and all our future plans, we are always on the lookout for great new colleagues!
About the position
We are looking for an enthusiastic host(ess) to join our team. Having experience is a plus, but more importantly, is having a hospitable attitude and being eager to learn. Therefore, the way you present yourself and the way you interact with guests will be the decisive factors.
As a host(ess) you are the first point of contact for our guests, so their Seafood Bar experience starts with you. Making sure that every guest is greeted when he/she arrives, that each one feels truly welcome and is helped promptly and adequately, is therefore essential. The hosting team is not only responsible for welcoming our guests, they also guide the guests to their table, make sure the guests are served a nice drink shortly after, manage the reservations and communicate requests and other information with the service team.
Your purpose is not only to satisfy the needs of our guests, but to even exceed their expectations. Together with your colleagues, you know how to provide great service and ensure great quality, to provide the guests that unforgettable experience!
What we require:
• experience in a similar position is a plus;
• you live in Amsterdam or nearby;
• flexibility: you don’t have a 9 to 5 mentality and you don’t mind working on weekends;
• the ability to speak and write at least English fluently.
You would really excite us with:
• a hospitable and guest driven attitude;
• a hands-on mentality;
• great motivation and eagerness to learn;
• being a team player with great social skills;
• the ability to handle pressure well.
What we have to offer you:
• a dynamic and interesting job in a young and fresh company with locations in the heart of Amsterdam and Utrecht;
• lots of room for development and possibilities to grow;
• a wide variety of internal and external trainings;
• flexible working hours;
• a professional and pleasant working environment in the heart of Amsterdam;
• a bubbly team with nice colleagues;
• fun events outside of work;
• a competitive salary.
If you like seafood and think you’ll fit right in our concept, we encourage you to apply! Send us an e-mail with your resume and motivation: email@example.com