About the position
The Seafood Bar Amsterdam is looking for a Head Chef. The Head Chef and his/hers culinary team are responsible for the highlight of a Seafood Bar experience: which is the food! The Head Chef is responsible for ensuring the best quality every single day. To achieve the best quality every day, requires great control over the operations, the team, the equipment and ensuring the quality of the delivered products and dishes are up to standard. Food cost control, training & coaching of culinary members, quality checks and scheduling are just a couple of the Chef’s responsibilities. Great management and communication skills, a critical eye, great sense of responsibility and a hands-on mentality are examples of skills and qualities that we are looking for in a Head Chef.
What we require:
• at least 2 years of experience in managing a kitchen and culinary team;
• great passion for and knowledge about seafood (experience with creating menus is not required);
• you are familiar with all the regulations regarding hygiene and food safety (HACCP) and you always make sure these standards are met;
• you always make sure the kitchen is being maintained and cleaned in a proper way;
• you live in Utrecht or nearby;
• flexibility: you don’t have a 9 to 5 mentality and you don’t mind working on weekends;
• the ability to speak and write at least English fluently.
You would really excite us with:
• a hospitable and guest driven attitude;
• a hands-on mentality;
• a great sense of responsibility;
• a critical eye;
• being a team player with great social skills;
• the ability to handle pressure well.
What we have to offer you:
• a dynamic and interesting job in a young and fresh company;
• lots of room for development and possibilities to grow;
• a wide variety of internal and external trainings;
• flexible working hours;
• a professional and pleasant working environment;
• a bubbly team with nice colleagues;
• fun events outside of work;
• a competitive salary.
(salary indication: €2800-€3200)
If you feel you could run this kitchen and think you’ll fit right in our concept, we encourage you to apply by filling in this form.