About The Seafood Bar
Fons de Visscher was a respected fishmonger for already 27 years in Helmond; a city in Brabant, when he decided to start a new venture. Driven by his passion for fish and great wines, Fons created The Seafood Bar. The first Seafood Bar opened its doors in 2012.
The Seafood Bar is a modern restaurant and offers an array of the freshest fish and other seafood. Every day, we prepare these beautiful products with great passion and care to enhance their pure flavors. Our purpose is to provide our guests a wonderful and delicious experience in a casual and cozy setting.
Meanwhile, we have opened 3 restaurants already and we will open the very first Seafood Shop in Amsterdam soon. With 3 busy restaurants; which are all listed in the TripAdvisor 100 best-rated restaurants in Amsterdam (out of 2300 restaurants!), and all our future plans, we are always on the lookout for great new colleagues!
About the position
The Seafood Bar is looking for a Head Chef. The Head Chef and his/hers culinary team are responsible for the highlight of a Seafood Bar experience: which is the food! The Head Chef is responsible for ensuring the best quality every single day. To achieve the best quality every day, requires great control over the operations, the team, the equipment and ensuring the quality of the delivered products and dishes are up to standard. Food cost control, training & coaching of culinary members, quality checks and scheduling are just a couple of the Chef’s responsibilities. Great management and communication skills, a critical eye, great sense of responsibility and a hands-on mentality are examples of skills and qualities that we are looking for in a Head Chef.
What we require:
• at least 2 years of experience in managing a kitchen and culinary team;
• great passion for and knowledge about seafood (experience with creating menus is not required);
• you are familiar with all the regulations regarding hygiene and food safety (HACCP) and you always make sure these standards are met;
• you always make sure the kitchen is being maintained and cleaned in a proper way;
• you live in Amsterdam or nearby;
• flexibility: you don’t have a 9 to 5 mentality and you don’t mind working on weekends;
• the ability to speak and write at least English fluently.
You would really excite us with:
• a hospitable and guest driven attitude;
• a hands-on mentality;
• a great sense of responsibility;
• a critical eye;
• being a team player with great social skills;
• the ability to handle pressure well.
What we have to offer you:
• a dynamic and interesting job in a young and fresh company with locations in the heart of Amsterdam and Utrecht;
• lots of room for development and possibilities to grow;
• a wide variety of internal and external trainings;
• flexible working hours;
• a professional and pleasant working environment in the heart of Amsterdam or Utrecht;
• a bubbly team with nice colleagues;
• fun events outside of work;
• a competitive salary.
(salary indication: €2800-€3200)
If you feel you could run this kitchen and think you’ll fit right in our concept, we encourage you to apply! Send us an e-mail with your resume and motivation: email@example.com