About The Seafood Bar
Fons de Visscher was a respected fishmonger for already 27 years in Helmond; a city in Brabant, when he decided to start a new venture. Driven by his passion for fish and great wines, Fons created The Seafood Bar. The first Seafood Bar opened its doors in 2012.
The Seafood Bar is a modern restaurant and offers an array of the freshest fish and other seafood. Every day, we prepare these beautiful products with great passion and care to enhance their pure flavors. Our purpose is to provide our guests a wonderful and delicious experience in a casual and cozy setting.
About the position
The Seafood Bar is looking for a Head Chef. A Head Chef has sufficient experience and is therefore familiar with the way things go in a professional kitchen. The Head Chef manages the kitchen staff and makes sure everything goes as it should.
What we require:
• at least 2 years of experience in managing a kitchen team;
• great passsion for and knowledge about seafood
• you are familiar with all the hygiene rules (HACCP) and always make sure these rules are being followed;
• you always make sure the kitchen is being maintained and cleaned in a proper way;
• you live in Amsterdam or nearby;
• you don’t have a 9 to 5 mentality and you don’t mind working on weekends;
• the ability to speak English fluently.
You would really excite us with:
• a hospitable and guest driven attitude;
• a hands-on mentality;
• a great sense of responsibility;
• a critical eye;
• being a team player with great social skills;
• the ability to handle pressure well.
What we have to offer you:
• a dynamic and interesting job in a young and fresh company;
• lots of room for development and possibilities to grow;
• a wide variety of internal and external trainings;
• flexible working hours;
• a professional and pleasant working environment in the heart of Amsterdam;
• a bubbly team with nice colleagues;
• fun events outside of work;
• a competitive salary.
If you feel you could run this kitchen and think you’ll fit right in our concept, we encourage you to apply! Send us an e-mail with your resume and motivation: email@example.com