About The Seafood Bar
Fons de Visscher was a respected fishmonger for already 27 years in Helmond; a city in Brabant, when he decided to start a new venture. Driven by his passion for fish and great wines, Fons created The Seafood Bar. The first Seafood Bar opened its doors in 2012.
The Seafood Bar is a modern restaurant and offers an array of the freshest fish and other seafood. Every day, we prepare these beautiful products with great passion and care to enhance their pure flavors. Our purpose is to provide our guests a wonderful and delicious experience in a casual and cozy setting.
Meanwhile, we have opened 3 restaurants already and we will open the very first Seafood Shop in Amsterdam soon. With 3 busy restaurants; which are all listed in the TripAdvisor 100 best-rated restaurants in Amsterdam (out of 2300 restaurants!), and all our future plans, we are always on the lookout for great new colleagues!
About the position
As part of the culinary team you are responsible for the highlight of a Seafood Bar experience: which is the food! As a cook you will help with the preparations (mise en place), run your section during service and help with the cleaning of the kitchen. Therefore, we expect you to have mastered all the necessary skills already, such as deboning and frying a fish.
A consistently great quality is extremely important to us. Therefore, it is imperative that you, together with your colleagues, make sure that every single item that leaves the kitchen is up to our standards. Hence, following our recipes and guidelines for presentation is a must.
What we require:
• at least 1 year of experience in a similar position;
• great passion for and knowledge about seafood;
• you are a passionate and hardworking cook who is eager to learn;
• you are familiar with all the regulations regarding hygiene and food safety (HACCP) and you always make sure these standards are met;
• you always make sure the kitchen is being maintained and cleaned in a proper way;
• you live in Amsterdam or nearby;
• flexibility: you don’t have a 9 to 5 mentality and you don’t mind working on weekends;
• the ability to speak and write at least English fluently.
You would really excite us with:
• a hospitable and guest driven attitude;
• a hands-on mentality;
• a great sense of responsibility;
• a critical eye;
• being a team player with great social skills;
• the ability to handle pressure well.
What we have to offer you:
• a dynamic and interesting job in a young and fresh company;
• lots of room for development and possibilities to grow;
• a wide variety of internal and external trainings;
• flexible working hours;
• a professional and pleasant working environment in the heart of Amsterdam;
• a bubbly team with nice colleagues;
• fun events outside of work;
• a competitive salary.
If you think you’ll fit right in our concept and feel you could be that great addition to our culinary team that we are looking for, we encourage you to apply! Send us an e-mail with your resume and motivation: firstname.lastname@example.org