About The Seafood Bar
Fons de Visscher was a respected fishmonger for already 27 years in Helmond; a city in Brabant, when he decided to start a new venture. Driven by his passion for fish and great wines, Fons created The Seafood Bar. The first Seafood Bar opened its doors in 2012.
The Seafood Bar is a modern restaurant and offers an array of the freshest fish and other seafood. Every day, we prepare these beautiful products with great passion and care to enhance their pure flavors. Our purpose is to provide our guests a wonderful and delicious experience in a casual and cozy setting.
Meanwhile, we have opened 3 restaurants already and we will open the very first Seafood Shop in Amsterdam soon. With 3 busy restaurants; which are all listed in the TripAdvisor 100 best-rated restaurants in Amsterdam (out of 2300 restaurants!), and all our future plans, we are always on the lookout for great new colleagues!
About the position
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Assistant Manager who is eager to learn. In this position, you are for instance responsible for the day to day management of 15 – 20 colleagues. Together with the rest of the management team, you are the point of contact for colleagues as well as guests. Besides that, you are also the host/hostess and you make sure that all guests leave the restaurant smiling. In short, together with the Restaurant Manager, you are responsible for the overall performance of your team and your restaurant. That means that you play a pivotal part in the financial results of your restaurant as well.
What we require:
• at least 2 years of experience in a similar position;
• sufficient product knowledge (knowledge of wines is a plus);
• you live in Amsterdam or nearby;
• flexibility: you don’t have a 9 to 5 mentality and you don’t mind working on weekends;
• the ability to speak and write at least English fluently.
You would really excite us with:
• a hospitable and guest driven attitude;
• a hands-on mentality;
• a great sense of responsibility;
• a critical eye;
• being a team player with great social skills;
• the ability to handle pressure well.
What we have to offer you:
• a dynamic and interesting job in a young and fresh company with locations in the heart of Amsterdam and Utrecht;
• lots of room for development and possibilities to grow;
• a wide variety of internal and external trainings;
• flexible working hours;
• a professional and pleasant working environment in the heart of Amsterdam;
• a bubbly team with nice colleagues;
• fun events outside of work;
• a competitive salary.
If you like seafood and think you’ll fit right in our concept, we encourage you to apply! Send us an e-mail with your resume and motivation: firstname.lastname@example.org